Bernard Brody is an accomplished Georgia trial lawyer with a successful track record of resolving complex criminal cases. He has particularly distinguished himself with his ability to defend and dispose of some of the most difficult sex offense cases in Georgia. He has been recognized by Georgia Trend Magazine, Atlanta Magazine’s Super Lawyers, the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 and the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, for his work in the courtroom and his tireless work ethic that has led to countless dismissals of cases prior to trial.
Bernard is a frequent speaker at Georgia trial lawyers seminars on topics involving Sex Offense Allegations, Computer Forensics, Appellate Advocacy and Federal Asset Forfeiture. He has handled a number of high profile cases which have appeared on television and radio and he has been interviewed by both local and national media outlets. He is also the publisher of Georgia Sex Offense Law, an online reference manual for attorneys and the public that discusses legal issues affecting the defense of individuals accused of sex offenses in Georgia.
Prior to starting the firm, Bernard was a partner at the law firm of Pate & Brody which had a statewide criminal defense practice with offices in Atlanta, Macon, Madison and Savannah. During this time, Bernard handled cases all over Georgia and in the Southeastern states where he successfully resolved State and Federal prosecutions in South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas.
Bernard has handled well over 500 criminal cases and the majority of these involved serious sex offense allegations. He has handled jury trials all over the Atlanta area as well as in small towns throughout Georgia. He has also handled over 50 appeals in both State and Federal Courts.
Bernard received his degree in Criminology from the University of Maryland and graduated with honors from the University of Hofstra School of Law, where he was the only student in his class to be selected to both the Law Review and the school’s Moot Court team. Bernard served as an Associate Editor of the Hofstra Law Review and was a finalist in the New York Moot Court competition.
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court (Northern District GA)
- United States District Court (Middle District GA)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Section
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- 2019, Digital Evidence in Child Molestation and Porn Cases (GACDL Technology Seminar)
- 2016, Post-Conviction Consequences of a Criminal Case (Cobb County Bar Association)
- 2015, Computer Forensics for Criminal Defense Lawyers (State Bar Annual Conference)
- 2015, What Lawyers Need to Know About Computer Forensics (GACDL Spring Seminar)
- 2014, Commencing Client Relationships (John Marshall Law School)
- 2014, Effective Oral Argument Techniques (State Bar of Georgia)
- 2013, Investigating Computer-Related Evidence (GACDL Fall Seminar)
- 2012, Georgia Appellate Practice Seminar (State Bar of Georgia)
- 2011, Defending Sex Allegations and Computer Crimes (Family Law Winter Seminar)
- 2011, Georgia Criminal Case Law Update (GACDL Fall Seminar)
- 2011, Georgia Criminal Case Law Update (Clayton County Criminal Law Seminar)
- 2010, Defending Federal Forfeiture Cases (Federal Criminal Practice Seminar)
National Television Appearances:
- 2019, Weekend Express (HLN)
- 2018, On the Story (HLN)
- 2018, Across America (HLN)
- 2012, In Session (truTV)
- 2012, News Center (CNN)
- 2011, Backstory (CNN)
- 2011, In Session (truTV)
- 2011, Dr. Drew (HLN)