- Georgia Super Lawyers 2013, 2014
- Georgia Trend Legal Elite 2012, 2013
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2009, 2010, 2011
- Avvo “Superb” Rating and Client Choice Award 2012
Bernard Brody is an accomplished Georgia trial lawyer with a successful track record of resolving complex criminal cases. He has particularly distinguished himself with his ability to defend and dispose of some of the most difficult sex offense cases in Georgia. He has been recognized by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of Georgia’s Legal Elite and by Atlanta Magazine’s Super Lawyers for his work in the courtroom and his tireless work ethic that has led to countless dismissals of cases prior to trial.
Bernard has been invited to speak at Georgia trial lawyers seminars on topics including Sex Offense Allegations and Computer Crimes as well as Federal Asset Forfeiture. He has handled a number of high profile cases which have appeared on television and radio and he has been interviewed by both local and national media outlets.
Prior to starting the firm, Bernard was a partner at the law firm of Pate & Brody which had a statewide criminal defense practice with offices in Atlanta, Macon, Madison and Savannah. During this time, Bernard handled cases all over Georgia and in the Southeastern states where he successfully resolved State and Federal prosecutions in South Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi and Arkansas.
Bernard has handled well over 500 criminal cases and the majority of these involved serious sex offense allegations. He has handled jury trials all over the Atlanta area as well as in small towns throughout Georgia. He has also handled over 50 appeals in both State and Federal Courts.
In the past few years, Bernard has been able to utilize his years of trial experience and knowledge of the criminal justice system to represent those who have been victims of crime in civil litigation. He has obtained settlements and judgments for his clients against either the perpetrators of the crimes or the businesses responsible for allowing them to happen.
Bernard received his degree in Criminology from the University of Maryland and graduated with honors from the University of Hofstra School of Law, where he was the only student in his class to be selected to both the Law Review and the school’s Moot Court team. Bernard served as an Associate Editor of the Hofstra Law Review and was a finalist in the New York Moot Court competition.
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court (Northern District GA)
- United States District Court (Middle District GA)
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia, Criminal Law Section
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Atlanta Bar Association, Criminal Law Section
- 2014, Effective Oral Argument Techniques (State Bar of Georgia)
- 2013, Investigating Computer-Related Evidence (GACDL Fall Seminar)
- 2012, Georgia Appellate Practice Seminar (State Bar of Georgia)
- 2011, Defending Sex Allegations and Computer Crimes (Family Law Winter Seminar)
- 2011, Georgia Criminal Case Law Update (GACDL Fall Seminar)
- 2011, Georgia Criminal Case Law Update (Clayton County Criminal Law Seminar)
- 2010, Defending Federal Forfeiture Cases (Federal Criminal Practice Seminar)
National Television Appearances
- 2012, In Session (truTV)
- 2012, News Center (CNN)
- 2011, Backstory (CNN)
- 2011, In Session (truTV)
- 2011, Dr. Drew (HLN)